Thermo King®, a leader in transport temperature control solutions and a brand of Trane Technologies, announced today a new program that allows hauliers across the United Kingdom to trade-in their used single-temperature trailer refrigeration units and upgrade to the new Thermo King Advancer A-Series. Thermo King A-Series units are up to 30% more fuel-efficient than the market average offering the potential to completely mitigate the potential fuel cost increase expected after the withdrawal of rebated “red” diesel in April 2022.
“With this program, Thermo King wants to help transport companies’ address the impact, which the upcoming changes in fuel duty in the United Kingdom will have on their operations,” said David O’Gorman, regional sales director at Thermo King. “Hauliers willing to trade in and upgrade their used trailer refrigeration units – no matter the brand – can simply contact their local Thermo King dealer, replace it with a brand new Advancer unit and start benefiting from the market leading performance, temperature control, and fleet connectivity.”
Thermo King Advancer A-Series is available in three different versions, the A-360, A-400, and A-500, and includes unique features that comprehensively address a wide range of operational and financial challenges, including:
• Up to 40 percent quicker pull down and up to 30 percent better fuel-efficiency than the market average
• Fully variable airflow that can be regulated for each journey and cargo, and is independent from unit engine speed
• Unrivalled electrical and fuel efficiency contributing to lower CO2 footprint and engines with 50 percent less emissions than the maximum allowed by latest
NRMM Stage V emission standards
• Electronic engine speed control on the A-400 and A-500 units, which makes them the first units on the market to give complete transparency of fuel levels and
fuel consumption. The fuel consumption data will be recorded, displayed, and made available remotely via telematics
• Lower maintenance costs and enhanced serviceability compared to the predecessor, thanks to sensors offering more insight into the engine, fuel, battery and the
performance of other key components
• Future-ready power agnostic capabilities that can utilize diesel, axle generator, or shore power sources with ease
• Fleet intelligence as standard, with Advancer being the first-ever unit to offer 2 years of full telematics connectivity in the purchase price.
For more information on the program’s terms and conditions, please contact your local dealer.
For more information on Thermo King Advancer, please visit tkadvancer.com.